What are some examples of pray?
I pray that you will cleanse me, strengthen me, guide me, so that in all ways my life may be lived as you would have it lived, without cowardice and for you alone. Show me how to live in true humility, true contrition, and true love.
How do you say to pray for them?
How to Say ‘I’m Praying for You’ to a Stranger or Acquaintance
- “I hope this doesn’t come off too strong, but I’ve been thinking of you. …
- “I’ve been thinking of you and what you’re going through. …
- “I can’t imagine how that must feel. …
- “I’ve been thinking about your situation.
Do you say or pray a prayer?
You only pray to deities; unless you are a god of some sort, you do not say “pray to me.” “Say pray” makes no sense at all. “Prayer” is (in this context) a countable noun that needs an article, so it needs to be “say a prayer for me.” “Pray for me” is fine.
What is pray in grammar?
(preɪ ) Word forms: 3rd person singular present tense prays , present participle praying , past tense, past participle prayed. 1. verb. When people pray, they speak to God in order to give thanks or to ask for help.
How do you pray in English?
What follows can help you learn how to pray.
- Prayer Has Four Simple Steps.
- Step 1: Address Heavenly Father.
- Step 2: Thank Heavenly Father.
- Step 3: Ask Heavenly Father.
- Step 4: Close in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Praying in a Group.
- Pray Always, With Sincerity and With Faith in Christ.
- Prayers Will Always Be Answered.
How do I pray for a friend?
Pray for a Friend in Pain
Dear Lord, Lord I pray for (insert name). I pray that they may experience your deep spiritual understanding, strength, endurance, and patience. I pray that you can give (name) more knowledge of yourself during this difficult time.
How do you say prayer to a friend?
Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. Lord please give my treasured friend love and blessings without end.
What does praying for someone mean?
pray for someone or something
1. to beseech God, or some other deity, on behalf of someone or something. I will pray for you to recover from your illness quickly. As the fire spread throughout the old church, the congregation prayed for its preservation. 2. to ask God, or some other deity, to grant something.
What do you say in your prayer?
Praising God and Giving Thanks. Address God by name. You might say, “Dear God,” “Our Heavenly Father,” “Jehovah,” or any other name you have for God. You can even pray to Jesus, if you like.
Do pray for me meaning?
Pray for me!: Ask God to help me! to pray: to worship God or a higher power, to ask God for help.
What does keep in your prayers mean?
Specifically, it means that you are going to pray for that person. However, in a more general context, it can also mean that you are thinking about someone and wishing them well.
What is called pray?
1 : an animal that is hunted or killed by another animal for food. 2 : a person that is helpless and unable to escape attack : victim. prey. verb.
Why do we pray?
Prayer gives you strength to avoid temptation
Jesus counseled His disciples, “Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation” (Matthew 26:41). Through prayer, we can overcome temptations to sin. Pray for God’s help to keep you from making wrong choices. This will give you the strength to do what is right.